Adapted from a recipe by Martha Collison
150g soft brown sugar
225g caster sugar
225g unsalted butter
150g dark chocolate, broken into squares
115g plain flour
75g cocoa powder
8in square brownie tin
- Preheat the oven to 200/180 fan.
- In a large pan, melt the brown sugar, caster sugar and butter together. Then stir in the chocolate and leave to cool down until cool enough to touch. (Meanwhile, weigh out the remaining ingredients and line the 8in square brownie tin with paper – I’m all about optimising time!).
- Once the mixture has cooled enough, crack in the 3 eggs and stir. Then fold in the flour and cocoa until just mixed.
- Scrape the brownie mixture into the lined tin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the top is beginning to crack.
- Cool in the tin, and then chill overnight in the fridge before cutting into squares. (This chill in the fridge helps make them really gooey)